Life after Macy Kate.....

Life after Macy Kate.....
She is here and we couldn't be happier...we are now a family of 3!

She is growing so fast!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

3 years as Mr. & Mrs. Harmon


Well, today is our wedding anniversary - 3 years today. It feels like longer at times :-) In a good way though! We met at the best place ever - church! I love that we met at FBCPS, and married there and are still there with our child...sort of came full circle! I remember seeing him that first Sunday he visited our singles class and thinking "WOW - a cute boy WITH a Bible in hand and matching socks....SHOCK OUT!" :-) We had a very small singles class and I was convinced I would never meet Mr. Right there. I told my sisters he would basically have to come knock on my door because I worked as a nanny and never met any single men and there were "none" at my church, or so I thought! The Good Lord had other plans! :-) It started with just flirting and talking and then we really connected one night at a New Year's Eve party (thanks Tiff!!) and sat and talked for hours. After that...it was just a matter of time! We were certainly in love by Spring and engaged by summer (July 10th to be exact!) and married the following February 18th. So basically he already had me hooked before we went through our first Notre Dame football season together - I couldn't turn back once I saw how obsessed he was! HA!! Actually, I love that he is an Irish fan - it's one of the things I fell in love with about him...his passion for this team. He throws his whole heart into it and I knew if he could do that for a football team he never even played for....SURELY he can throw that sort of passion into our marriage! And sure enough, he has! I love that he makes our coffee every day and he makes sure I don't have to carry too many things to the car and I don't have to fill up my own gas. I love that he loves God and wants to be a Godly husband and father. He takes care of me in so many ways and I think I don't tell him enough about the small things I love. I love how he gives me kisses in the air (too hard to explain!) and how he hugs me all the time and how he tells me he loves me 20 times a day! I hope he has things that I do that make him feel loved too - I want Macy Kate to see those things in us and when she grows up I want her to remember it like this "My Mom and Dad were always so in love with each other - it was sick!" :-) I want to be such a great example of how a Godly husband and wife should be. I still love to hold his hand and I hope that never fades away - I know we have to work on it and we will! I remember planning our wedding and being so into all the details and things and now I look back and it was such a tiny part of our marriage...the wedding. It's just a show, something for others..but the marriage is for us and it has to last forever. The only way to make this happen is to have God in the center and that's something we work at every day. 3 years ago today I was so giddy and excited to become Mrs. Harmon - I remember standing at those stairs, waiting for my Dad to come get me to walk down the isle....wow, this makes me miss my Dad too!....I remember feeling like I was going to pass out...THIS was it...our life as ONE was about to begin! I will never forget that day or how I felt and how much I THOUGHT I loved him then and how it pales in comparison to how much more I love him every day since! Little did I know how much MORE I would fall in love with him when I saw him with our daughter! His love for her and hers for him makes my heart melt!! I know that love will grow in years too and I smile just at the thought of being "old" and in love still! How fun! So here's a few pics from the years, in no certain order (can you tell I like to change my hair a lot?! Thinking of going back to a blonde - what do you think?) - enjoy Mr. & Mrs. Harmon! Happy Anniversary honey - I love you!
















































































3 comments:

aimee said...

That is so sweet and I loved all the pictures. Is that Layla in the first one? Ya'll are sweet and I am so glad that we are friends. I have enjoyed knowing you the last 3 years. I guess this kind of marks the anniversary of us meeting because we met when you came back from your honeymoon and we came back from having a baby! Congrats on your 3 years and many many more!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! It sounds like a wonderful love story. I'm glad I was able to read it, since we're new and don't know everyone's story. And I like the blonde!

Laura Ripley said...

What a great post! I'm so glad to hear all of these wonderful things. I am also glad to share in a Sunday School class that is full of couples seeking this type of marriage. I vote for blonde. Even though Dave Ramsey might not agree.