Life after Macy Kate.....

Life after Macy Kate.....
She is here and we couldn't be happier...we are now a family of 3!

She is growing so fast!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Long Time No Blog.....

Well, it's been FAR too long since I have blogged - I feel like a bad blogger :-)
Well, MK is about to be 6 months old - hard to believe but that blog is for 5 days from now :-)
This blog is just to update you on our life. Our Houston trip went good - was SO hard to go back "home" and not have Dad there. It all felt weird and just....wrong! Especially since my sister was getting married...Dad should have walked her down the aisle, not my nephew. The last time I went down Camp Creek Pkwy I had that sister in the car with me...headed back to Houston to burry my Dad. So when we headed to the airport for this trip, I went right back to that day - it was hard not to focus on that. God got me through it though - He was not surprised I felt this way...He was not surprised that I would be scared and nervous to fly back home..He knew what He was doing puting this wonder Christian woman in the seat next to me to take my mind off of it all!
Macy Kate was a total doll on the plane and everyone loved her. Flying without Doug is hard enough (I HATE to fly!!) so having her was a nice distraction! The stewardess had some fun with her since it was her first ever flight!
I'll attach a few pics here of our trip, overall. MK got to meet her cousins (usually referred to as..."the twins") and she just wanted to eat their faces! HA! She looked so adorable sandwiched in between them! We had a morning at a park to take some pictures of all my Mom's grandkids and that was great - everyone cooperated and we got some great shots! Macy Kate got a little cold while there but she is doing much better now.
She is sitting up like a pro these days and eating anything you try and feed her! She offically eats "breakfast" and "dinner" and we'll soon throw in "lunch" - have to transition, it's hard! Need to go over it in detail with Dr. Cantrell at her 6 month checkup. I feel like she will have a tooth or two any day now - we'll see! She is getting up on her hands and knees too and she gets very annoyed when she can't GO :-) TIME to babyproof!!
Enjoy the photos - there's quite a few here!















































1 comment:

Laura Ripley said...

I'm sorry for the sadness. Thank our great Lord for helping us through life's hard times. Macy looked so sweet. Glad she was good on the plane. See ya'll Sunday.