Life after Macy Kate.....

Life after Macy Kate.....
She is here and we couldn't be happier...we are now a family of 3!

She is growing so fast!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Daddy's Face...There's Nothing Like It!

Macy Kate LOVES her Daddy's face!! I think it's the rough beard at the end of the day or something, but she never touches my face the way she does his - it's adorable! It's the first thing she reaches for when she sees him! She even rubs his face or his ear when he feeds her - she never does that to me! They have a very special bond and I love it!!!
I love that as she grows up, she will look to him for guidance and love and she will find it - something I did not have until I was 15 and my Mom met my step-dad who I feel like was my real Dad. Macy Kate will get the Daddy I never had - and that makes my heart leap with joy!
He will teach her all about plants and about geography (I am terrible at this where things are in the world!) and about Notre Dame football and about Jesus' love for her! I can't wait to see their bond grow over the years and one day see him in tears, giving her away at her wedding to the PERFECT man...he will have to be perfect for Doug to allow her to marry him! HA! So we're praying for that man even now! :-)
I just love to see their love for each other - it's overwhelming at times!

1 comment:

monica said...

and I'm blubbering like a baby myself...... those pics are priceless. i'm thinking black & white and blown up big....framed....